Mechatronics engineers are employed in virtually every kind of industry. It is envisaged that industrial sector in Malaysia will be rapidly developed due to the increasing demand from escalating market requirements, such as market for electronic and telecommunication equipments as well as investments made by foreign investors. As mechatronic field takes on a much larger role in product development, graduates who are highly skilled in mechatronic engineering will be in high demand. They are involved in generating creative design and development of smart products, and in the production, control, management and sales of the devices and systems needed by society.
In general, graduates undertaking this course will be eligible as an engineer in the following industries:
- Construction and fabrication of vehicle firms
- Manufacturing of household equipment such as washing machine, television, radio, etc
- Manufacturing of electronic equipment such as camera, photocopier etc.
- Food Processing Industry
- Oil and Gas companies
- High Technology firms such as aerospace industry
- Consultant firms
- Engineering and Product Development firms
- Automation Manufacturing System firms
- Biomedical Engineering firms
- Software Development firms
- Research and Development center e.g. High Educational Institute, SIRIM etc.
On the types of employment, graduates undertaking the program may be employed, among others, as :